Project cost: Less than $30
What you’ll need:
5 ft. x 5 ft. pieces of ply wood
Hot glue gun
2 cans of gold spray paint
2 sawtooth picture hangers
1. Cut out your circles. I did this the hard way by tracing a coffee cup and cutting each one out, but this task could be easier if you got the proper tool. I cut out 200. No, it wasn’t my favorite part, go get yourself a circle cutter.
2. Hot glue gun your circles to your board, offsetting each row from each other. The other two tutorials above, attached their circles with push pins and staples. I got the wrong kind of wood for this, so I used my trusty glue gun.
3. Now that you have all your circles attached, spray them down with your gold paint. Makes sure to get the edges well and direct the paint so it get s underneath the circles a bit.
4. Let the paint dry, it shouldn’t take long.
5. You will find that your circles have dried a little funky, so I went back through with my glue gun and tacked them down so they lay flat. I attached my sawtooth picture hangers, and hung it up.
This project is simple, but does take some time, so be sure to set enough time aside to complete it. It’s a weekend project, for sure. I love the way this turned out and because my taste changes so often, I won’t feel bad if I get sick of it. It has been 4 months since I’ve hung this though, and I still love it!
I know, I know, again with the neon, but I did way to much neon searching on Google, so I’m just gonna roll with it.
I’ve decided neon doesn’t have a place in every home (like mine, for example), but I love how it looks in context with natural elements.
I love how the neon can look when paired with woods, linens, tweeds, and neutral tones of greys and browns. I think a little really goes a long way and it keeps it fresh.
I think I might just DIY my own neon accents. I can’t see myself spending too much this trend, but I’m be willing to put in the time for a few fun accents.
My favorite neon DIY’s from the web, you ask? Here they are.
A Pair and a Spare has so many Neon DIY’s I’m not even gonna list them all, check them out here
This week over at Space Dog, Tymn Armstrong created a super sweet Valentines Day card for everyone to download. Head over to the SDBlog and get one! (Well, all four, actually)
I am not a color person. And I am definitely not a neon person, but I am currently obsessed with neon accessories. Mainly, shoes and jewellery.
It’s just enough of a pop of color, without feeling like I’m a middle schooler or a club kid.