I had a lot of extra muslin laying around and half a bottle of orange Rit Dye so I thought I would experiment. Originally the plan was to dye the fabric orange and use bleach to create a pattern, but I had white glue in my bin of craft stuff and figured I’d mess around with combining the two.
I tried three different things and one worked.
I first tried dipping a stamp in glue and stamping onto the fabric. This was very time consuming and I could tell, right off the bat, it was not going to work.
Next I tried painting on a triangle pattern with a paintbrush. I was completely sold that this would work. It might have worked if I would have applied the glue thicker, but it ended up not really showing up in the end.
The last method I tried worked out the best. I used the glue nozzle and drew on the fabric with that. It worked out the best. It’s messy, but it’s a method I will try again.