I can’t get enough of the Oh Joy! Collection at Land of Nod! It’s so colorful and playful, it makes me happy just looking at it all. The pieces are clean, versatile and can really bring a lot of personality to any kids room. I especially love her curated art prints and her fun throw pillows. A sprinkle print elephant or ice cream cone? Yes, please! I might, also, need that Pineapple print. Also, a real pineapple to eat. Pregnancy cravings.
It’s Sunday and
Winter is Coming Game of Thrones is back! To celebrate, I’ve rounded up my favorite Game of Thrones links and products, because I am a geek, and that’s what geeks do.
Nan Lawson GoT Prints
I seriously have a design crush on Nan Lawson. Her style is the perfect blend of sweet and geeky. I have one of her prints hanging in my home and it’s one of my favorites. I love her Game of Thrones prints because they are beautiful, and understated. You can get Daenerys, Arya, Brienne of Tarth, Tyrion, Sansa, or Jon Snow and Ygritte. Bonus: Prints are only $10!
Citizen Brick Dragon Sword (aka Game of Thrones) Legos Minifigs
So $220 is not in my Lego budget, but I am so obsessed with these! Look at creepy little Joffrey with his cross bow and bald Varys! Find these at Citizen Brick, they could also help you out if you need a Lego Jesse Pinkman or a Lego bong.
Game of Thrones Sitcom
I don’t know why this makes me so happy, but it does. I also am a huge fan of the jump cut at the end. Well done, sirs, well done.
POP! Vinyl Figures
Tom and I have Daenerys and the Hound, and I proudly display them like wedding cake toppers. No, they aren’t a couple, but they are our favorites. You can find them at Barnes and Noble or order them from Think Geek.
The Wonderful World of Westeros
I love anything with a Disney twist! But I don’t think I can ever look at Ariel the same again. See more here.
Being nine and a half months pregnant, there is nothing more exciting to me than a night in with some DVD’s (or Netflix). And since it’s raining in San Francisco today, I figure, tonight might be the best night to hunker down with some Twilight Zone and stuff my face with goodies. Here is what I have in store for my raging Friday night (clockwise from top left):
1. NO PANTS! The bigger I get, the less likely it is, you will catch me wearing pants. This nightgown is awesome because it’s on the longer side, so it covers way past my crotch (which is so hard to come by these days). Also, it’s cheap and cute! My other favorite is less colorful, but a little bit more comfortable for when I feel like I don’t need the boob support (TMI?).
2. Mani/Pedi My mani/pedi days have been reduced to a polish change, but I find it really helps in feeling put together when you feel like you are a hot mess. Right now I’m obsessed with Jenna Hipp and her line of polishes that contain no phthalates, formaldehyde, toluene or camphor. I really love the colors, but haven’t tried it, so I can’t say anything for consistency.
3. Prop pillows I’ve tried cuddling with body pillows to help with sleep, but what I always end up using is throw pillows. The are smaller and you can adjust them more easily. I just really like this one from Land of Nod.
4. Cushy Blanket I just really want to cuddle under this chunky knit throw from West Elm.
5. Popcorn Of course, I could make my own popcorn, but for some reason, right now, I’m craving Black Truffle and White Cheddar Popcorn from 479.
6. The goods Twilight Zone is on Netflix right now! It’s going to be a sad day when they remove it. I think I have fallen asleep to every episode they have on there twice. Surprisingly, it doesn’t give me weird dreams.
7. Chocolate-covered-anything-salty Chocolate covered pretzels will do, but I think I might make more of this.
8. A sleep mask For when Tommy get’s home and eventually changes what I’m watching to McClintock or Airplane. I love this one from Anthropologie.
I made this salted caramel chocolate pretzel bark a few weekends back for a party and I can’t stop thinking about it. It was the perfect blend of sweet and salty. I got the recipe from Flower Patch Farmgirl (great blog, you must check it out), and as she notes, it is like crack. You just can’t stop eating it.
I did have a little bit of anxiety when making the caramel (I’ve botched caramel quite often), but it seemed to not be a problem and the rest of the recipe was a breeze. I’m thinking of making a batch to take to the hospital. I’d also like to think it would be a gift for the nurses, but in all honesty, I will most likely eat it all myself. I’m so rude!
I have been on the hunt for a mexican blanket for years. I’m super picky though, and could never decide on a color. Yesterday I came across this beauty on Pinterest and snagged it right away! I absolutely love the curation of this shop. Inspired by a San Diego couple’s travels, their shop is a fun blend of colorful textiles, adorable kiddo mocs and vintage jewelry. The inventory is constantly evolving, so be sure to check back often for new items!
These organic leggings and headbands couldn’t be any cuter! Bonus points for being organic and extra bonus points for having the most adorable baby model. These trio dash leggings are to die for.
I, clearly, am obsessed with this quirky and eco friendly company. I feel like if I write more about how much I love it, I might sound like a creeper.
I LOVE this company’s mission. Humble Hilo uses beautiful textiles from Guatemala to create fashion forward products, while supporting Guatemalan families. Sales from their beautiful bags, dresses, and sandals not only help support families in need of employment, but you can also help decide how you would like the proceeds of your sale to be spent (Infant and child nutrition, literacy and education, or microfinance loans for women). You can read more about their mission here and check out their beautiful designs here.
This Frida doll is just too cute for words. I love the design and I love that I it comes with all the images screenprinted, so all I would have to do is sew it all together and stuff it. I also really dig this I Love Paris Neon Pink doll!